Looking for ways to fund your education? If you can demonstrate academic excellence, leadership, service and commitment to pursue a higher education you may qualify for a Stephen F. Austin High School Alumni Association Scholarship for the university of your choice. Apply now !!
- Deadline for scholarship applications is FRIDAY, APRIL 13, 2018, at 5:00 p.m. (no exceptions)
- Refer to application process below for a list of the supporting documents needed (i.e., reference forms, evidence of GPA, etc). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Every question must be answered in the application.
- Type or print legibly. Illegible applications will be returned to you. You may download a copy of the application online by clicking the “Download the Application” button below.
- You will notified by mail by April 30, 2018 regarding the status of your application.
- If you have any questions about the application, please contact the Austin Alumni Association Scholarship Committee by e‐mail.
NOTE: Scholarship funds will be awarded to the student upon evidence of registration in an accredited post secondary educational institution.
To provide scholarships to four (4) deserving Stephen F. Austin High School graduating seniors interested in or intending to pursue post‐high school course of study at either college/university or other post secondary educational institution.
$4,000.00 scholarships awarded to three (3) students, and one $1,500.00 Anita Sepulveda Teaching Scholarship awarded to one (1) student selected by the Austin Alumni Association Scholarship Committee.
- Completed application form (if handwritten, please print legibly).
- Two (2) letters of recommendations from choice of high school teachers, administrators, counselors, employers, or individual with significant knowledge of applicant’s experience and involvement.
- An official and recent high school transcript with cumulative grade point average and a class standing/rank.
- The two mandatory essays as described in the scholarship application.
- Financial documentation as requested on the attached scholarship application. (FAFSA or TASFA including SAR)
Application must be completed and postmarked or delivered by April 13, 2018. Applications e-mailed or postmarked after this date will not be considered.
Please mail your application to:
Austin Mustang Alumni Scholarship Fund
P.O. Box 53746
Houston, Texas 77052-3746
Or E-Mail the completed Application with all attachments and documents to:
Good luck and thank you for your interest. Moreover, “Thank you” to all our alumni, friends and families that support and fund these scholarships.